Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love, hearts, roses

Happy Valentine's day! I hope everyone is having a great day with their loved ones.
 
I think today is a great day to celebrate love with everyone, not just in the romantic way.
 
I don't normally celebrate valentine's day much with my husband but this year he got me a red rose and some chocolates! They were a lovely surprise. Here is the rose with my crochet hearts from the other day. The hearts are still hanging on the corner of our tv :)
 
 
Here was my valentine's project from last year:
 
 
I haven't worn them since last Valentine's day so it's nice to get them out of my earring tin and see them again.
 
Today on Jill's blog I've seen that my square for the beautiful blogger blanket has arrived. It made it just in time! I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished blanket.
 
And my next stash busting idea is for a shawl. I want to use up this yarn:

 
It is a beautiful dk, silk yarn which I bought at colourmart on a visit there. This yarn is amazing, a real luxury. I got it at a very good price because there was only a little left over but I've already got one shawl out of it and I'm hoping to make another one.
 
The Tranquility Shawl is the pattern that I think I'm going to use:
 
 
It is a free pattern on the drops website (just click on the name of the shawl above and you'll go straight to the pattern). I love drops designs and yarns!

12 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing a new shawl...looks like a lot of work. Happy Valentines Day, Elisabeth! Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful yarn for a beautiful shawl.
    Happy V-Day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola guapa, no se si lo viste pero de todas formas te aviso por si te interesa tengo un megasorteo en mi blog de materiales y regalillos hechos por mi.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/megasorteo-internacional-en-raspberry-y.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shawl looks amazing! I made lots and lots and lots of hearts over the past couple of weeks. Guess I'll take a break and move on to something else now. :) Wishing you a wonderful day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentines day!
    What beautiful colour yarn...can't wait to see the shawl!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentines!! Love your heart ear rings! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentine's day :)
    The silk yarn is beautiful, can't wait to see the shawl. Love the heart earrings too, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shawl. I wonder what color you will choose this time !
    X Eva

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you had such a lovely valetines day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's cute, Elizy! Those earrigns..and the rose! wow:) it is romantic!
    I saw your square in JIll's blog, great it reached safely :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. que bonitos los corazoncitos!! un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, those little heart earrings are just way too cute! Do you remember where you got the pattern or ... did you design them? I also love that shawl your considering making... isn't Drops Designs the best place ever? I've found so many great patterns there! I love their yarn as well...
    Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day...
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I love reading every single one - they really make my day :) I try to answer each and every comment by email or on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...