I've finally finished the never-ending granny square project! I started this back at the beginning of December and there's no reason for it have taken 3 months to finish.
Anyway, the grannies have decided to be a....
I was originally going to make this into a blanket but I was running out of the yellow yarn so I decided it would be perfect as a bath mat. It's 100% cotton so I'm hoping it will be comfy to stand on and won't slip too much.
I'm definitely considering this project as a success because even my husband likes it :)
There are 24 grannies in total. I sewed them together length ways using slip stitches and width ways single crochet to give a slightly raised, 3D effect. The border is reverse single crochet. The reverse single crochet is a really simple stitch once you get the hang of it and creates an interesting corded edge.
The ends were a nightmare to weave in - there were so many! It had been sitting in my wip bag for so long mainly because I wanted to avoid all of the sewing in of ends!
I've got two and a bit balls of the pink cotton left over (about 120g) so I think I'm going to try and make a summer bag with that.
I really am getting on with my stash busting now!